Welcome to the
New Sunday Hours
Starting October 12 we will be open from 1-5 p.m. on Sundays. Looking forward to see you at the Y!
Exciting Aquatics Program changes:
- Aquatic swim classes are now twice a week. Learn more about Youth Aquatics.
- Adult Aquatic Exercise classes now offering flex passes so you can choose from any class including: Aqua Fitness, Aquacise, Deep H20 Basics and Aqua Caliente (a combo of Salsa dancing and a little hip hop). Class Demo Week coming soon! A full week of FREE new aquatic classes for both members and nonmembers. Learn more about Adult Aquatics.
We are looking for lifeguards! Training & certification is available. See our jobs page for details.
The Hammond Area YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We're more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
Learning, playing and growing together
Our Discovery Preschool program is planned and based on a set of beliefs that children learn best from hands – on activities. We believe that learning needs to be active. Our Discovery Preschool program provides the tools and activities for the children to experiment while promoting our four core values that include: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The thing that makes our program unique is that swimming is included at our YMCA branch location. Minimum – 6 Maximum - 16
Discovery Preschool - Hammond Y Branch
3-4 Year Olds
Tues & Thurs 9:00am - 11:30am OR 12:30pm - 3:00pm
5 Year Olds
(must be 5 by August 1, 2015)
Discovery Preschool - Lincoln Center Branch
The Lincoln Preschool is located at 3835 Hohman Ave. Hammond, IN 46327 (219)-933-0429.
- Mon-Thurs (3 - 4 year olds) 9 - 11 a.m.
- Mon-Thurs (5 year olds) Noon - 2 p.m.
- Fee: $60 per month members / $75 per month non-members
- $10 non-refundable annual registration fee
- *Child must turn 5 years old by August 1, 2015 to be in Noon - 2 p.m. class.