Welcome to the
Healthy Kids Day is April 27!
Stop by the front desk and register for this fun-filled day just for kids! Healthy Kids Day info.
Catch up on happenings at your Hammond Y!
Preschool Registration now open!
Our preschool program for children ages 3-5 will be open for the 2014/2015 school year starting April 1. Learn more about our preschool.
- Ballet-Jazz-Tap instructor for our children's Dance Program
- Lifeguards and swim instructors
- Afternoon Child Caregivers
The Hammond Area YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We're more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
The tools you need to build a healthy lifestyle
|The Hammond Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.|
Our facility includes:
- Six-lane, 25 yard pool
- Large gym used for basketball and volleyball
- Aerobics studio
- Locker rooms
- Adult-only locker rooms with saunas & whirlpools
- Men's steam room
- Wellness center with free weights, cybex equipment, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bicycles and more
- Racquetball court
- Preschool rooms
- Game room
- Kid Zone for babysitting while parents are on-site
- A new playground built in 2013!