Welcome to the
Maintenance Shutdown: Aug 18-Sept 1, 2014
The Hammond Family Y will be closed from August 18 - September 1 for annual deep cleaning and maintenance work. Please note: before/after child care is still available at our off-site locations.
The front desk will be open for program registration from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday during shutdown.
These NWI branches will be open to serve you during these two weeks:
Check out these exciting new Aquatics Program changes coming September 2:
- Aquatic swim classes are now twice a week. They are broken up into Preschool ages 3 – 5 years and Progressive ages 6 – 12 years. Children are now placed in groups with a YMCA trained instructor based on their ability. You don’t have to remember what level they are they will be placed in the level the first day of class. See class details in our Program Brochure.
- Now offering flex passes so you can choose from any of our Aquatic Exercise classes including: Aqua Fitness, Aquacise, Deep H20 Basics and Aqua Caliente (a combo of Salsa dancing and a little hip hop). Check out the pool schedule for times.
- Class Demo Week coming soon! A full week of FREE new aquatic classes for both members and nonmembers. It's a great chance to try out our new classes!
We are looking for lifeguards! Training & certification is available. Other open positions include: certified yoga instructor, child care. See our jobs page for details.
Join us for the Griffith Y Rock 'N' Rail 5K
Kick off Griffith's Rock & Rail Festival with this great race through Griffith's Central Park & bike trail. Race day is August 30. Learn more from the Griffith Family Y.
The Hammond Area YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We're more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
The tools you need to build a healthy lifestyle
|The Hammond Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.|
Our facility includes:
- Free WiFi throughout the building
- Six-lane, 25 yard pool
- Large gym used for basketball and volleyball
- Aerobics studio
- Locker rooms
- Adult-only locker rooms with saunas & whirlpools
- Men's steam room
- Wellness center with free weights, cybex equipment, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bicycles and more
- Racquetball court
- Preschool rooms
- Game room
- Kid Zone for babysitting while parents are on-site
- A new playground built in 2013!