Welcome to the
Reminder: the Hammond Family Y will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 20. Happy Easter!
Healthy Kids Day is April 27!
Stop by the front desk and register for this fun-filled day just for kids! Healthy Kids Day info.
Sign up for Swim Lessons this week
- Make sure you're ready for warm weather by signing up for swim lessons. Our next swim lesson session starts April 21 and registration is open now.
- Members can register starting Monday, April 14 and Online Registration is available.
- Non-members can register starting Wednesday.
- Learn more about Youth Aquatics.
Catch up on happenings at your Hammond Y!
Preschool Registration now open!
Our preschool program for children ages 3-5 will be open for the 2014/2015 school year starting April 1. Learn more about our preschool.
We are looking for Afternoon Child Caregivers. Check out Our Jobs page for details.
The Hammond Area YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We're more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
The tools you need to build a healthy lifestyle
|The Hammond Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.|
Our facility includes:
- Six-lane, 25 yard pool
- Large gym used for basketball and volleyball
- Aerobics studio
- Locker rooms
- Adult-only locker rooms with saunas & whirlpools
- Men's steam room
- Wellness center with free weights, cybex equipment, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bicycles and more
- Racquetball court
- Preschool rooms
- Game room
- Kid Zone for babysitting while parents are on-site
- A new playground built in 2013!