Welcome to the
New Sunday Hours
Starting October 12 we will be open from 1-5 p.m. on Sundays. Looking forward to see you at the Y!
Exciting Aquatics Program changes:
- Aquatic swim classes are now twice a week. Learn more about Youth Aquatics.
- Adult Aquatic Exercise classes now offering flex passes so you can choose from any class including: Aqua Fitness, Aquacise, Deep H20 Basics and Aqua Caliente (a combo of Salsa dancing and a little hip hop). Class Demo Week coming soon! A full week of FREE new aquatic classes for both members and nonmembers. Learn more about Adult Aquatics.
We are looking for lifeguards! Training & certification is available. See our jobs page for details.
The Hammond Area YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We're more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
The tools you need to build a healthy lifestyle
|The Hammond Y offers programs, services and initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y is accessible to all people. Financial assistance is offered to individuals and families who cannot afford membership.|
Our facility includes:
- Free WiFi throughout the building
- Six-lane, 25 yard pool
- Large gym used for basketball and volleyball
- Aerobics studio
- Locker rooms
- Adult-only locker rooms with saunas & whirlpools
- Men's steam room
- Wellness center with free weights, cybex equipment, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bicycles and more
- Racquetball court
- Preschool rooms
- Game room
- Kid Zone for babysitting while parents are on-site
- A new playground built in 2013!